Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Lost In Thought

Blue Shirt // Gaudi
Crop Tank // H&M
Sneakers Wedges // H&M
Black Pants // Topshop
Bag // Kenzo

Where your inspiration go? Working on a creative industry means that you need to be creative all the time. As entrepreneur, I need to grow my creativity, get a lot of ideas, and maintain a lot of things in the process. But what if I'm stuck and I don't have any idea at all? Well, we all human and I'm sure we've been through those position before whether you work as an entrepreneur, 9-5 job, or even at school. But as I learned on my 20s: Never let "Lack of Idea" drag you down. Because when you let it, you will go down to a rabbit hole. Here's what I do when I'm running out of idea:

Don't push yourself to get an idea. I've got that advance from my favorite designer, Tex Saverio when I asked him about it and I realize that's totally true. First of all, you can't sit and try to think like a maniac to get an idea for your work. Sit and stare in front of your computer wouldn't inspire you. Relax and do something that would make you feel less panic so you wouldn't freak out with the deadline.

Take your notebook to a coffee shop. Since I was in college, I like to write my thesis at a coffee shop. Since I have a home office and I'm running out of ideas, I like to bring my notebook and get my work done at a coffee shop. Observe people, a nice smell from a coffee shop, have a nice drink could give me any inspiration. 

Walk in a park. I don't do it on my working hours of course, but I do it on my spare times. Walk alone in a good weather and you have a time to think in a better mood. That will do.

Read some books and watch movies. This is also what you should do in your spare times. When I have a day off or really stuck with my ideas, book is always helps. Or browsing the internet, gosh you have google wherever you go d'uh! And I found that watching movies always give me so many inspiration. Sometimes it could be a motivation as well. I could spend hours and hours watching Judd Apatow movies. Believe me, good laugh could make your brain works better.

Put on some good music. I have my own playlist to brighten up my mood. Working is so much fun if you have some good music that you could listen. I have my favorite playlist and I just posted on Instagram, in case you want to check it out (@deeisdian). I'm sure you will find a song that you knew because my playlist is a mix of 70's, 80's, 90's and even music from the present. Yeah I know I have a weird playlist but I love it.

Look at your role model. Get inspired from your idol. That will push you to get better and also to make you work even harder to achieve what you want.

Set your goals. Write down your goals and if you're running a business, write a business plan. When I was younger I thought this isn't important but I was extremely wrong. When you set your goals and write down your plan, you will know how to do next because you know where you're about to go. You could find a way to solve your problem easier.

That's what I usually do. And if you still failed to get an idea, keep calm because there will always be a plan b, plan c until plan z. you just have to hang on and you will achieve your goals.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment