Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kemilau Sriwijaya: Back To Nature with Indonesian Culture


From year to year I wouldn't miss a chance to attend Indonesia Fashion Week because it's the biggest fashion event in Indonesia. IFW 2015 for the 3rd time held at Jakarta Convention Center and I'm glad I could be part of it as a blogger. On Day 3, I had a chance to see the amazing Fashion Shows by Hj. Eliza Alex Noerdin, Head of Dekranasda Sumatera Selatan with Defrico Audy. There are a lot of great fashion show and exhibition and this one is grab my attention because they showed us Indonesian Culture with a modern vibe and it turns out to be so many beautiful dress. Songket is one of Sumatera Selatan traditional clothes and you could see how beautiful it is on Kemilau Sriwijaya Fashion Show. I captured some of the great moment from the fashion show, hope you all enjoy it.


It's obvious that they tried to show Indonesian Culture in a modern way with Kemilau Sriwijaya as a theme. And this is amazing how they turned songket to be a dress or even a blazer while actually the songket itself is already beautiful. You could also see that they're following 2015 trends which is Back To Nature but also combining with black and gold, to be honest that's my favorite. Also, white and silver which make the collection even more glamorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment